Re: [sixties-l] Re: Rosenbergs and sixties

From: Bill Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/01/00

    The police attempt to stop people from reaching the cemetery when the
    Rosenbergs were buried, and our response to it, is described in my
    Saying No To Power in an unedited inclusion of a piece I wrote the
    next day. The San Francisco Chronicle's review of my book reads:
    "Mandel gives us a tremendous description of a demonstration following
    the execution of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, a set piece reminiscent
    of some of the great moments in John Dos Passos 'USA.'"
       It covers both the demonstration immediately following the death
    watch until the executions occurred, and the funeral the next day.
    																								William Mandel