[sixties-l] Re: {soxties-l} NYC sports stadiums

From: Jane Lekus (jane.lekus@the-spa.com)
Date: 10/31/00

    No, Biil, the stadium under the Triborough is Downing Stadium, on Randalls Island. It was the home of many  track and field events. My parents told me about going to great political rallies there during the thirties, as well as concerts during WW II., associated with Bond Drives (Liberty Bonds?). This sounds like the place you recall. There is additional open green area, where you could walk around. Shea is just the baseball stadium and parking lots.

    Shea Stadium is in Flushing  (Queens). It is along Grand Central Parkway, near   LaGuardia Airport.

    Jane Lekus
    jane.lekus@the-spa.com