[sixties-l] Re: Voting

From: Bill Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: 10/31/00

    I disagree most strongly that how one votes for president depends
    upon how the race is going in the state in which you live. What race?
    Bush is a good-old-boy ignoramus the very notion of whose election as
    president is shameful. Yet the people are so disgusted with what has
    been done with power and how it is wielded that the polls show they
    see no more point to voting for Gore. Worse, the percentage who think
    that voting makes a difference has dropped to hwere less than half
    will bother.
        The issue is simply whether or not the election will put an
    alternative party in a position to reach the entire people next time
    on something at least remotely approaching an equal basis, thanks to
    government campaign funding. Do we build a movement for change, or
    don't we? That's what Nader represents. Instead of agonizing over
    whether to waste a vote of Mr. Me-Too, one should get off the computer
    and go knocking on doors of non-computer peole to build the Nader vote
    to a certainty of that magical five per cent.
    																				Bill Mandel