Re: [sixties-l] Linguafranca

From: Ted Morgan (epm2@lehigh.edu)
Date: 10/29/00

    Don,
    I'm not a regular reader of Lingua Franca, but I read it occasionally.  It's
    not bad for staying a little critically current on some higher-ed politics,
    but I would say it veers in the postmodernist/ identity politics direction as
    opposed to the political economy direction of a "left" analysis, and it isn't
    consistently that, either.  It is the publication that had the silly, I
    thought, article about "Who Owns the Sixties" by Rick Perlstein, that posited
    a "generational" conflict over the 'correct' interpretation of the 60s
    --something I don't think is generational at all, but rather ideological.
    This article didn't get that slant at all, really.

    Ted