Re: [sixties-l] Critique of Bruce Franklin

From: Ted Morgan (epm2@lehigh.edu)
Date: 10/25/00

    Chris raises a valid point about politicians' obsession with voter support.
    But I for one don't think the 18-year-old vote change made much difference.
    Given the perennially low voter turnout in that age group, most politicians
    consider them a target audience that's well-down the priority list (especially
    vs., say, the elderly). I think, too, one would have to document that
    18-21-year olds were significantly more antiwar than other by that late date,
    which I'm not sure is the case.
    Ted Morgan