[sixties-l] US domestic surveillance

From: radman (resist@best.com)
Date: 10/23/00

    Forwarded from another list.. --radman
    ==============================
    MODERATOR'S Note (Mike Dravis):

    For an excellent source on this topic, see

    Joan M. Jensen, ARMY SURVEILLANCE IN AMERICA, 1775-1980 (New Haven: Yale
    University Press, 1991).
    From: "suerosenfeld" <suerosenfeld@email.msn.com>
    Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:56:42 -0400
    Subject: domestic intelligence

    I will be teaching a course in domestic intelligence -- more
    specifically, US Federal government surveillance of American dissenters
    in the 20th century. (I'm also writing a book on the subject although
    the book starts in 1946). Students will be upper level undergrads and
    graduate students, no prerequisites. Course is in history department but
    cross referenced to political science, legal studies and law school.
    First and fourth amendment questions will be emphasized.
    I would be interested in any suggestions for readings -- no more than
    150 or so pages a week for undergraduates, probably fewer. Also would be
    interested in other syllabi.

    Thanks.

    Susan Rosenfeld, Ph.D.
    "suerosenfeld" <suerosenfeld@email.msn.com>