[sixties-l] Book of interest (fwd)

From: sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu
Date: 10/19/00

    Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:27:28 EDT
    From: Jasperisit@aol.com
    Subject: Book of interest

    To the Sixties Project:

    Allow me to recommend to your researchers a new, non-fiction book containing
    the personal memoirs of two "nobodies," as one reviewer put it, who developed
    a remarkable 30-year friendship as a consequence of their activities during
    the late 1960s.

    Title: "Younger Than That Now"
    Subtitle: "A Shared Passage From the Sixties"
    Co-authors: Jeff Durstewitz and Ruth Williams
    Publisher: Bantam Books division of Random House, New York, NY
    Publication date: June 2000
    343 pages
    ISBN 0-553-10649-X
    Cover blurb: "He was a rabble-rousing New York high school senior. She was a
    fiercely proud daughter of the Deep South. In 1969 these two strangers
    exchanged angry letters, igniting a lifetime friendship and an extraordinary
    personal chronicle of our times."

    This book is available at most bookstores, including Borders and Barnes &
    Noble, or can be ordered. If you would like a complimentary review copy for
    your journal or publication, please notify me.

    Thanks for your consideration,

    Tom Williams
    Malta, NY
    (publicist for the authors)