[sixties-l] Technical/Political Query/Suggestion, was Re: forward this (fwd)

From: Carrol Cox (cbcox@ilstu.edu)
Date: 10/18/00

    I don't understand why so many fwd posts are clutteredwith >s at the
    beginning of lines. I would suppose that most e-mail programs allow the
    options Netscape does for fwd: "Inline," "Attachment," or "quoted." The
    attachment creates difficulties, the "quoted" creates the >s, but the
    "inline" reproduces the exact format of the original. When posts are quoted
    over and over again they become unreadable. Most of us in the '60s would not
    have put out leaflets this sloppy. Why can't we treat important e-mail
    "leaflets" with the same care. One could also cut and paste and thereby keep
    a readable text.

    Carrol

    Sample of what I don't like and won't fwd again:

    Alex Bloom wrote:

    a colleague asks that this be forwarded to the sixties list.