Re: [sixties-l] FSM credits

From: Jo Freeman (JFRBC@cunyvm.cuny.edu)
Date: 10/10/00

       Like Mike Rossman, I too was puzzled at Bill Mandel's claim that Michael
     Lerner was part of the FSM leadership.  I was part of the FSM from beginning
    to end; I have a file cabinet full of notes, documents, letters and interviews.
      I just finished a book on Berkeley in the early sixties, half of which is on
     the FSM.  I've read all the books, dozens of documents, hundreds of news clip
     pings, and thousands of pages collected by the FBI. If Lerner was even
      a participant, let alone in the leadership, someone should have noted it some
      place.  Of course, Bill Mandel is barely mentioned, even in the FBI files.
      Perhaps he and Lerner were the undercover leaders the FBI was looking for --
      so undercover they went unnoticed.
                                            Jo Freeman