[sixties-l] Re: Rossman's poem

From: PNFPNF@aol.com
Date: 10/09/00

    May I, as the coordinator of an international poetry competition and a
    sometime literary review editor, compliment Rossman on one of the best poems
    I've ever seen re the SLA and that period?
       The discussion re drugs and schools reminds me that, in 1975 (i.e. a year
    after the SLA events), a book (title forgotten) by Peter Schrag and his wife
    very competently took apart the use of Ritalin on schoolchildren, showing its
    ineffectiveness (re so'called "hyperactivity") and its dangerous
    side-effects.  So how come it's still used on kids?
      Paula