[sixties-l] GI coffee houses/Newsreel/ demos

From: RozNews@aol.com
Date: 10/08/00

    Don wrote
    >One strong point would be to examine the GI movement. At first we degrade
    >> the GIs but that quickly changed as we turned to supporting them with
    >> Bring the Troops Home focus. I recall talking to many GIs at Fort Hood
    >> Texas back then and feeling that we had much in common, and they displayed
    >> no hostility to us and what we were about. We were all in the same boat.

    Newsreel has a film named Summer 68.  The film has a section on GI organizing
    which  focuses on Fort Hood and Boston Draft Resisitance.  It includes  a
    look into GI coffee houses near bases.
    While Im at it, let me say that to complain that there was a small crowd in
    Berkeley around the recent Palestinian/Israeli fighting  , at least you had
    an event.
    Nothing happened in Vermont.   roz
    ps   i guess i made a mistake when i said DH didn't write much