Re: [sixties-l] teeny tiny protests on Sproul Steps

From: William M Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: 10/06/00

    I also would like to hear from others. But, early this year, I was at a huge (the
    third annual) northwest conference against corporate rule at Portland State,
    Oregon. The Boston demonstration against the phony presidential debate included
    lots of students. I anticipated that from what I learned the previous week of New
    England activism at the Rethinking Marxism conference at U.Mass, Amherst, with
    1,200 present. Next week there will be 1,000 people at the American Studies
    convention in Detroit, where the program is most definitely activism-oriented.
    Wish to hell I could afford to go.
                                    Bill Mandel