Re: [sixties-l] Re: new ground: The Sixties and the Right

From: William M Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: 10/06/00

    Marty:
    Your initial post did not leave the impression that our net
    impact was positive. That's why I responded as I did. I'm
    not even sure that your examples of negative activities
    would stand up to careful examination. Males doing physical
    labor today often wear beards. They most definitely did not
    before the Sixties. They smoke pot, which they did not
    previously. They largely turned to the music which the
    activists liked. They sure as hell ate up Country Joe's,
    "Gimme an F--".

    Bill Mandel