[sixties-l] Research help on incarcerated c.o.'s

From: sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu
Date: 09/22/00

    not a list member, please respond off-list.--the modr8r
    Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:33:42 -0700
    From: Barbara Gamer <bgamer@hsa-kauai.net>
    Subject: Research help on incarcerated c.o.'s

    I am a writer.  I need information about how Vietnam conscientious
    objectors or draft resisters  who went to prison were
    treated.  Specifically, I am interested in how were they classified within
    the Bureau of Prisons, what if any special problems they encountered within
    the prison population, what their continuing contact with the peace
    movement was during incarceration, how they viewed the experience after it
    was finished.  I am also interested in background information like
    descriptions of the facilities, food, work, visiting restrictions, phone
    and mail privileges.
          If you have personal experiences, can refer me to someone who does
    have personal experience, or can refer me to any books on the subject, I
    would be grateful.  Please respond to me personally.  Thank you.