[sixties-l] Re:Cedar Hill Publications

From: Maggie Jaffe (mjaffe@mail.sdsu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 18:07:24 CUT

    Dear Sixties People:

    I am the poetry editor for Cedar Hill Publications, a press which might be
    of interest to members of this list since the founding publisher is an
    incarcerated poet. The fall 2000 issue of Cedar Hill Review features
    women's writing. Poets include Claribel Alegria, Sharon Doubiago, Deborah
    Small, Margaret Randall, Barbara Anderson, minerva (a stunning poem about
    her childhood friendship with Mumia Abu-Jamal), and my poem about Lenny
    Bruce.

    Upcoming titles include The Heat: Lives and Legends of Steelworkers; Joe
    Napora's 1917; Deborah Small's dot.bomb (Dick and Jane ponder the atomic
    bombings over the Bikini Atoll); Marilyn Zuckerman's Amerika / America;
    Maggie Jaffe's The Prisons, and more. For more information, please email
    me.

    Cedar Hill Publications, a not-for-profit press, has had a unique
    beginning. Founded by Christopher Presfield, an incarcerated publisher and
    poet, we are committed to publishing poetry and prose of the highest
    caliber. We offer bookstores, prisoners, and seniors a 40% discount;
    libraries and other institutions full price. A single issue of Cedar Hill
    Review is $8; $15 for a year's subscription of two issues. For $45, two
    issues of CHR and two copies of our book-length titles.

    Maggie Jaffe
    3438 Villa Terrace
    San Diego, CA 92104
    mjaffe@mail.sdsu.edu