[sixties-l] fall vietnam event

From: Joe McDonald (joe@countryjoe.com)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 23:29:19 CUT

    > i am co producing an event in the Detroit area this November about the Vietnam
    > War with my friend Wayne State University professor and poet M L Liebler.
    > Here is the 411. cheers, country joe mcdonald

    > Wednesday Nov. 1@ 6:00pm Vietnam Vet / UAW Writers and Nurses read with
    > brief set by CJM and Country Joe's film The Vietnam Experience
    > Detroit Public Library Main Branch
    > 5201 Woodward Avenue in Detroit's Cultural/University Center (313)833-1470
    > Free Admission - Free parking 6:00pm=film 7:00pm=Readings
    >
    > Thursday Nov. 2 @ 7:00pm Film: Ten for Two (featuring John Lennon, Jerry
    > Rubin, Bobby Seales, Stevie Wonder and more) followed by a
    > reading/performance by White Panther/ Rainbow Peoples Party Founder John
    > Sinclair w/ Asian-American poet Aurora Harris & others-FREE- Admission & Free
    > Parking at The YMCA Writer's Voice inside The Scarab Artist Club located at
    > 217 E. Farnsworth at John R directly behind the Detroit Institute of Arts
    > (313)267-5300 Ext. 338
    >
    > Friday Nov 3 @ 7:30pm Literary readings by nationally known Vietnam Veteran
    > writers:poets W.D. Ehrhart & David Connolly-Fiction writer Wayne Karlin &
    > writer Lynda Van Devanter
    > FREE- Admission & Free Parking at The YMCA Writer's Voice inside The Scarab
    > Artist Club located at 217 E. Farnsworth at John R directly behind the
    > Detroit Institute of Arts (313)267-5300 Ext. 338
    >
    > Saturday Nov. 4 @ Noon Panel Discussion on All Aspects of The Vietnam War
    > w/ Country Joe McDonald, W.D. Ehrhart, John Sinclair, Lynda Van Devanter,
    > Wayne Karlin, David Connolly, Dr. Melvin Small, Dr. Jeff Hale and others
    > Detroit Public Library Main Branch
    > 5201 Woodward Avenue in Detroit's Cultural/University Center (313)833-1470
    > Free Admission - Free parking
    >
    > Saturday Nov. 4 @ 8:00pm Concert w/ Country Joe McDonald, Motown recording
    > Artists The Capitals ("Cool Jerk"), Vietnam Veterans Chapter Nine Blues Band
    > & M.L. Liebler & The Magic Poetry Band at The Old Miami Bar located on 3930
    > Cass Avenue at Alexandrine near The Wayne State University Campus (313)
    > 831-3830
    > Free Admission and Parking.
    >
    > All events are Free and open to the public thanks to The Detroit Office of
    > Arts and Cultural Affairs, Comerica Bank, The Writer's Voice of the YMCA of
    > Metropolitan Detroit, Poets & Writers, Inc. (celebrating 30 years of national
    > literary arts programming), Wayne State University's Department of English,
    > the Detroit Public Library System, The Scarab Club, WDET-FM Public Radio, The
    > Metro Times, The MichiganCouncil for the Arts & Cultural Affairs. and Chapter
    > 9 of the Vietnam Veterans of America.
    > Website www.ymca-artsdetroit.org

    -- "Ira Furor Brevis Est " - Anger is a brief madness

    country joe Home Pg <http://www.countryjoe.com>
    country joe's tribute to Florence Nightingale
    <http://www.countryjoe.com/nightingale>
    Berkeley Vietnam Veterans Memorial <http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/Links/Comm/vvm>

    Rag Baby Online Magazine <http://www.ragbaby.com/magazine>