Re: [sixties-l] Nader & Vietnam

From: William M Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 17:42:57 CUT

    Nader was just starting out, during the Vietnam War and the civil rights
    movements. He thought, and still thinks, that fighting corporate malfeasance
    and dominance is the key to everything else. It is precisely the fact that
    he is best known for his work in a field that a plurality of Americans agree
    with him on that makes him the appropriate glue for a movement that will
    need a plurality to win, whenever it does.
        This is from someone who would vote for Gore if he would commit himself
    against the death penalty, because I want to save Mumia's life. Barring such
    a step by Gore, I vote Nader.
                                    William Mandel