Re: [sixties-l] Say, Dont We Know Each Other From Some

From: Jeffrey Blankfort (jab@tucradio.org)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 18:35:01 CUT

    Radman sent:
    > Say, Don't We Know Each Other From Somewhere?
    >
    > <http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/20000817/t000077386.html>
    >
    > By JOHN BALZAR
    There were others, inside the 1968 Democratic Convention, Gov. Abe
    Ribicoff for one, who spoke on the convention floor about the police
    attack on the demonstrators outside. Was there as single Democrat in
    Los Angeles. including the peripatetic Gore delegate Tom Hayden, who
    spoke out in LA about what the police were doing to the demonstrators on
    the streets? I did hear reports that the delegates were carefully
    "shielded" from knowing what was going on. For an entire week? I think
    a better word would have been "protected."

    Jeff Blankfort

    SNIP