Re: [sixties-l] Re: sixties-l-Robert Scheer sells out

From: StewA@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 01:06:01 CUT

    You should consider former CP leader Jay Lovestone who became a major player
    in the CIA -AFL-CIO cold war alliance for world capitalist hegemony. And all
    the ex-CPers who helped start the super influential right wing National
    Review. And then there were all those ex-CPers who just became apolitical
    businesmen. (I know a few.) Hayden is a saint next to them.
      I think the difference in our current politics is not over issues, since I
    agree with you on the ones that you mention (I think)- but your sort of
    biblical tendency to say if you are bad on a few issues, then that is so
    significant that nothing else counts. And I tend to say ok you're terrible
    here and there (and that sucks) but you're still ok on 90% so I'm not putting
    you in Horowitz land. And I would even vote for you as mayor of LA. Actually
    you think Hayden and the others live in a place worse than Horowitz land. You
    know, there was a time when the CP called liberals and social dems - Social
    Fascists. It turned out to be a big mistake.
    Stew Albert
    http://hometown.aol.com/stewa/stew.html