[sixties-l] NY Post on Tom Hayden

From: radman (resist@best.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 19:57:43 CUT

    LAUGHABLE HAYDEN IS NOW 'LEFT' WITH NOTHING
    By STEVE DUNLEAVY

    <www.nypost.com/commentary/9702.htm>

    THE man who once slept with Jane Fonda had
    decidedly lost his bedside manner.
    "I don't have to speak to you. I don't have to give interviews," snapped
    California state Sen. Tom Hayden.
    Here is a wacko lefty who would talk to the Wall of China if he thought it
    could hurt our country. Suddenly, he was aggressive.
    "I can't seem to communicate to you, can I? I am involved here."
    What Hayden was involved in, of course, simply was the same ol' garbage
    that is stirring a bunch of dopes.
     From Santa Monica Pier to Pershing Square, Hayden's rhetoric was about as
    original as sand.
    "The authorities ... they're afraid of you ... you are the beginning. You
    are representing people who otherwise would be invisible," he was telling
    the great unwashed.
    For almost 40 years, this bonehead has been doing his dog-and-pony show of
    conning the weak of mind.
    "I welcome John Sellers to Los Angeles," he told a crowd of protesters
    yesterday.
    John Sellers was the bum whom Philadelphia cops locked up two weeks ago on
    charges of masterminding destruction.
    This aging toothless tiger of a tired hippie era was just warming up.
    He beamed as his friends chanted: "Al Gore, corporate whore."
    Ah, this was pure heaven, as he relived the Sixties with a bunch of
    knuckleheads who tried to wreck a country.
    "Stop haunting me," said the man who would frighten a baby.
    It's no surprise Hayden is still crying for the poor and trashing corporate
    America, even though he was married to a corporation - millionaire movie
    star and fitness guru Jane Fonda.
    When they married in January 1973, it was a union made in hippie heaven.
    She was a poster girl for the Viet Cong as American boys died in paddy fields.
    He was the founder of that airhead group, the SDS.
    Hayden showed that he would rather live in the Soviet Union than in the
    freedom of America when he wrote the book, "The Port Huron Statement," a
    handbook for Marxist-Leninist revolution.
    It never changes. The ones who yell the loudest about freedom are the ones
    who celebrate countries who deny it.
    The ones who shout the loudest about poverty are the ones like Hayden and
    Fonda who have millions.
    One of his supporters, a guy named Michael Everett, kept screaming at
    Democratic delegates on the Santa Monica Pier.
    "It's our pier, not your pier," he chanted as he identified himself as a
    member of the People's Republic of Santa Monica.
    "Look at those cops," he said as officers stood silently by.
    "Yeah, look at them," Hayden sneered. "It's genetic."
    Whatever the hell that means.
    But Michael Everett was sad on this day between his jibes at the cops:
    "This is Tom's last term as senator." What will he do? "He would make a
    great president for the Green Party."
    "But I don't know. I think he is disillusioned with the world."
    Please, stop it. Hand me another handkerchief to dry my tears.