Re: [sixties-l] 60s couse query

From: Richard Jensen (richard.jensen@ccmail.nevada.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 20:47:26 CUT

         This is a response to Alex Bloom's request for information about the
    Chicano Movement. For more than 20 years John C. Hammerback and I have studied
    and written about the Chicano Movement. In 1985 we produced a book entitled A
    War of Words: Chicano Protest in the 1960s and 1970s. That book has an overview
    of the Chicano Movement and chapters on the major Chicano leaders: Reies Lopez
    Tijerina, Jose Angel Gutierrez, Cesar Chavez, and Rodolfo "Corky" Gonzales. We
    have also written about those individuals in a variety of other publications.
    Recently we produced a book on Chavez entitled The Rhetorical Career of Cesar
    Chavez which is published by Texas A&M University Press.
    Richard J. Jensen
    University of Nevada, Las Vegas