[sixties-l] NAPALM

From: radman (resist@best.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 19:53:41 CUT

    NAPALM. "Some of the finer selling points were explained to me by
    a pilot in 1966: 'We sure are pleased with those backroom boys at
    Dow. The original product wasn't so hot -- if the gooks were quick
    they could scrape it off. So the boys started adding polystyrene
    -- now it sticks like shit to a blanket. But then if the gooks
    jumped under water it stopped burning, so they started adding Willie
    Peter [WP -- white phosperous] so's to make it burn better. It'll
    even burn under water now. & just one drop is enough, it'll keep
    burning right down to the bone so they die anyway from phosperous
    poisoning.'" --- Philip Jones Griffiths, photographer, Vietnam Inc.