[sixties-l] Fwd: Support Imam Jamil al-Amin: Challenge Injustice

From: radman (resist@best.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 19:26:42 CUT

    Forwarded message:

    From: <ksidd37398@aol.com>

      Jamaat al-Muslimeen International Press Release

    FINAL CALL FOR THE TRIP TO ATLANTA
    Support Imam Jamil al-Amin: Challenge Injustice

    Jamaat al-Muslimeen strongly urges all Muslims and people of
    conscience who have the resources and the time to be in Atlanta
    for the rally in support of Imam Jamil al-Amin. WHY? Because:

    1. Unity against oppression is a cardinal principle of
      Islam. Silence and inaction in the face of oppression is not permitted
    by Allah and His messenger. Read what the Hadith says about the
    three levels of faith when one sees great wrong being done. (No
    other response is permitted to a believer.)

      2. Unity between immigrant and indigenous Muslims can
    also be illustrated by our gathering in Atlanta. Such unity is essential for
    the cause of Islam in America, especially because, by and large, immigrants
    and indigenous believers have gone their separate ways in many matters.

      3. The U.S. government has been trying to "get" Imam Jamil
    al-Amin for many years. It's about time we taught the government that its
    actions against this Islamic leader are counter-productive.

      4. Within the African-American community, as in other
    communities, there is infiltration by government agents, opportunists and
    politicians. The struggle to free Imam Jamil will help the
    African-American community to achieve greater awareness of who is a
    hidden "Tom" and who is really sincerely with the community.

    5.Imam Jamil al-Amin is an independent, national level
    leader of the Islamic UMMAH (community) in America. Our laziness in
    supporting him will encourage the U.S. government to go further and further
    in its abridgement of the rights of Muslims and oppressed communities in
    America.

      6.AMERICA's FREEDOM IS AT STAKE. Unless we unite and show our
    strength in Atlanta, the government could commit serious crimes against
    all dissident groups. Justice has already become a farce. Notice how in the
    case of the Waco community, the victims are being blamed. The people are
    being told that the 80 people (including women and children) who were killed
    following the extended siege of David Koresh's community home KILLED
    THEMSELVES. The government's tanks crashed into the bedrooms of that
    community, yet the only people being blamed are the victims. Exactly the
    same story was manufactured at the MOVE HOUSE IN PHILADELPHIA.
    The oppressor does not look so much at skin color as at independence and
    autonomy. If you are a TOM, uncle will not bother you however dark you
    may be. Just scrape and shuffle!

      7. Our 4 demands are central: i. AN INDEPENDENT INQUIRY. The system
    must not 'investigate' itself. ii. OPEN THE FBI FILE. The people must know the
    moves against the Imam during the last few years. iii. HONOR and RESPECT
    the Imam for the national level leader he is. iv. HE MUST BE FREE to be with
    his family and his community while the inquiry goes on. There is precedent for
    such release in the history of the law.
      Imam Jamil's masjid address: 547 West End st., Atlanta.
      The rally will be, inshallah, at 7 pm in Malcolm X Park, across from
      1126-28 Oak st.
      Phone numbers in Atlanta for directions:
      Imam Jamil's Community: 404-752-7262
      Muslim Women's Political Action Committee: 404-366-6610
      Jamaat al-Muslimeen, Voice of the Oppressed People of America, can be
      checked on web site: www.NewTrendMag.org
      Phone: 410-435-4046 or 410-638-5965
      Clarification: A brother from New York wanted to know if we consider
      ourselves leaders of America's Muslims and hence call ourselves The Voice
      of the Oppressed People. The answer is a clear NO. We are the servants of the
      people. We will voice the concerns of the oppressed till many other voices
      ring out and then we will be "A Voice" of the oppressed.
    RISE! RISE! RISE! OPPRESSED PEOPLE RISE!
    Free Imam Jamil al-Amin!<---H. Rapsta :)
    Free Shaikh Omar 'Abdel Rahman!
    Free Ahmad Ajaj ! Free Jihad Abdul-Mumit! Free Victor
    Alvarez!
    FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS
    TheBlackList News Information -eMail List
    Our Homesite http://www.theMarcusGarveyBBS.com
    Our Mission http://www.TheBlackList.net/images/garvey2s.wav