Re: [sixties-l] Michael Moore's manifesto

From: Chris Shugart (profcdavid@redshift.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 00:40:04 CUT

    Michael Moore is amusing, but probably hasn't thought his idea all the way
    through. In the March 2000 California election, Proposition 23, the "None
    Of The Above" election reform act was soundly defeated. The politicians
    were against it, as was the media. The non-voters were largely in favor of
    it. Unfortunately, they didn't vote, and Prop 23 lost. Sort of a "catch 22"
    deal. You can't get enough voters to vote for legislation that helps more
    voters to turn out.

    And, by the way, leading the opposition against "None Of the Above" was
    Ralph Nader's Green Party. Go figure.