[sixties-l] Re: corporations and techno-change availability

From: PNFPNF@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 08:04:36 CUT

    I am confused, Bill--are you saying that only capitalist corporations or
    state monopolies can do the large-scale production necessary (your
    term--though I see why, here) for mass production and/or for mass prod. of
    new technologies? I guess it's not obvious to me why this should be so--why
    workers' collectives or co-ops or syndicates or whatever couldn't do this,
    while those involved live a more human (work)-life too.
       In a way your points may lead (some of us) to those, I guess, of some of
    the green (left)--maybe technology's goods aren't worth their (human and
    ecological) under-structures. This is fascinating--seriously.
    Paula