Re: [sixties-l] Re POW-MIA post

From: Jerry West (record@island.net)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 20:51:19 CUT

    On the POW issue I have read material that suggest that some POWs were
    shipped to China and the Soviet Union, not only from Vietnam but from
    Korea too. I have also read material stating that a large number of
    Americans who were held prisoner by the Germans and liberated at the end
    of WWII by the Russians also disappeared into Soviet camps never to be
    heard from again.

    I would not trust anyone, US, Vietnamese or whoever to be up front on
    this issue, but I would suspect that most of the people still in
    question in Vietnam were either KIA or died an undocumented death.

    --
    Jerry West
    Editor/publisher/janitor