Re: [sixties-l] July 4 Montery CA parade

From: Randy Fertel (randy@fertel.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 17:26:56 CUT

    on 7/3/00 9:40 AM, Ted Morgan at epm2@lehigh.edu wrote:

    > I share Bill Mandel & Country Joe's sentiments on this grouping. It's a shame
    > that Ron Ridenhour can't also be present to be so honored. A true hero.

    As the director of the Ron Ridenhour Memorial Lecture which is held in New
    Orleans at Tulane every spring, I thank Ted for his sentiments. Ron was a
    hero and it is fitting and important that his name and life-achievement be
    remembered.

    Members of this list may be interested in the Ron Ridenhour Memorial
    Lectures and the My Lai oral history tapes which are publicized at my web
    site. http://www.fertel.com/

    Jonathan Schell was our first lecturer to honor Ron, David Halberstam our
    second. Philip Caputo will give the third on March 28, 2001. It is free
    and open to the public. I'll forward details in the spring.

    With David Halberstam's help we have established a Ron Ridenhour lectureship
    at Groton School (in the very seedbed of the best and brightest, I like to
    think).

    And next March we hope formally to announce The Ron Ridenhour Prize for
    Investigative Journalism.

    Randy Fertel
    Tulane University