[sixties-l] heavy metal

From: MICHAEL JAHN (medj@att.net)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 03:14:52 CUT

    Responding to a series of three-year-old posts: my recollection is that I
    applied the term "heavy metal" to a form of music while serving as New York
    Times rock critic from 1968 through 1971.

    Mike Jahn

    Read the new Bill Donovan hardcover, "Murder in Central Park" (St. Martin's
    Press, April 2000), and the two Donovan paperbacks scheduled in the new
    year: "Murder at the Museum of Natural History" (Worldwide/February 2000)
    and "Murder on Theatre Row" (Worldwide May 2000).

    Visit MICHAEL JAHN'S BOOK PAGES, home of the Bill Donovan Mysteries and The
    Serendipiter's Guide to New York at http://home.att.net/~medj/