[sixties-l] style

From: Joe McDonald (joe@countryjoe.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 01:20:39 CUT

    i find it so interesting that the "typed" word is becoming the language
    of the "planet". The "sixties generation" (which is actually made up of
    generations before the sixties and after the sixties), was the first
    "global" generation.

    i remember the feeling that something was happening in London and Paris
    and Hanoi and we should do something also but having that happen on the
    very same day as it was happening other places. i just knew. we all just
    knew.

    60's posters re defined lettering and now the internet challenges us
    again to examine the "written word" one more time. Why Capitalize
    Anything! out of respect for the upper class i would say. Why;
    punctuate, anything? any way! again upper class standards.

    as the 60's global generation expands with children and grandchildren a
    new "consciousness" emerges demanding the world be as it is seen by
    them!

    the very essence of the 60's generation demands that we allow no one to
    "tell" our history. who has time for that BS!? now and the future
    demand our attention 24/7 demands that we not waste time with
    formalities.

    graffiti art has become The Art of the post 60's generation.
    communicating everything from a "tag" individual identity, to a "throw
    up" a group identity independent of themselves: the crew, or a piece of
    art destined to be destroyed declaring in new spelling a msg disguised
    in art. a light show for walls.

    "Pants Down" as Ed Sanders said back in the day. cheers, country joe
    mcdonald

    -- "Ira Furor Brevis Est " - Anger is a brief madness

    country joe Home Pg <http://www.countryjoe.com>
    country joe's tribute to Florence Nightingale
    <http://www.countryjoe.com/nightingale>
    Berkeley Vietnam Veterans Memorial
    <http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/Links/Comm/vvm>
    Rag Baby Online Magazine <http://www.ragbaby.com/magazine>