[sixties-l] Re: sixties-l-Gore v. Bush

From: Jeffrey Blankfort (jab@tucradio.org)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 16:54:07 CUT

    Clinton's pre-presidential history indicates that his view of what he
    planned to do with his presidency was well-established before he ran for
    office and had something like Seattle v. WTO happened six years ago, he
    would have manipulated his way around that as he is doing today, using
    the movement's unenlightened belief that the higher echelons of
    organized labor, with an occasional exception, represent something more
    radical than what they are, a key component of the Demoratic Party
    machinery.

    As for Clinton, his lies pass the border of the pathological to the
    opportunistuc. Contrary to what he said and what many of the 60s
    generation would like to believe, there is not a shred of evidence that
    he ever participated let alone organized a protest against the Vietnam
    War while a student in London. If he had been on the scene, one of the
    many photographers who were present at the protest he is said to have
    organized, would have produced a picture, since the demo wasn't very
    large. As it was, all the demonstrations against the war in London were
    essentially organized by a group of older US expariates that went under
    the name, as I recall, of Group 77.

    As for what Bush represents. remember the warnings of what would happen
    should first Nixon, then Reagan, be elected. Fascism within a few
    months. What do we find, instead, that there have been more moves in
    that direction under Slicky Willy than any Republican before him. If we
    are to build a movement we have to start being honest with the people
    and there is no time wo wait for that.

    Jeff Blankfort