[sixties-l] Re: Nader and union-busting

From: PNFPNF@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 18:34:05 CUT

    This is very important to know--also, that some would-be Left media refused
    the story. I recall Bruce Brugman addressing the KPFA strikers and
    supporters last summer during the struggle against the reactionary Pacifica
    board; as one who remembers and reported on Brugman's busting of the Bay
    Guardian union some 20 years ago--long time, yes, but a bitter fight--I had
    to walk out of hearing of this hypocrisy. There's so much of this. The
    so-called liberalizing new directorship of the nonprofit museum where I work
    called in a "management institute" consultant a year or so ago, has been
    squishing any of us with egalitarian ideas ever since, and not even so-called
    Left attorneys will touch it, since hey this is a poor little nonprofit.
      Did nonprofits and NGOs grow out of the sixties--or out of pacification
    monies, and how? Does anyone know?
    Paula