Re: [sixties-l] Vietnam memorial and flags

From: Joe McDonald (joe@countryjoe.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 02:58:36 CUT

    Carrol Cox wrote:

    > Concerning the flag. ... So while I am quite opposed to Joe Mcdonald's
    > position that we should somehow honor that flag,
    > Carrol

    About 15 years ago i was performing in NYC with a bunch of other people and Abbie
    Hoffman was there on LSD wearing an American Flag as a cape. The press wanted us
    all to stand togeather for a picture. i told Abbie i would not stand with him in
    the picture wearing that flag as a cape in honor of all the Vietnam Veterans who
    had fought and died in Vietnam "behind" that flag. He took off the flag. The
    picture got taken. cheers, country joe mcdonald

    -- "Ira Furor Brevis Est " - Anger is a brief madness

    country joe Home Pg <http://www.countryjoe.com>
    country joe's tribute to Florence Nightingale
    <http://www.countryjoe.com/nightingale>
    Berkeley Vietnam Veterans Memorial <http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/Links/Comm/vvm>
    Rag Baby Online Magazine <http://www.ragbaby.com/magazine>