Re: [sixties-l] Vietnam Memorial and flags

From: Joe McDonald (joe@countryjoe.com)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 23:24:00 CUT

    gee wizz guys i am starting to feel like a tennis ball: i am an "artist" that "intuits" things and not a "logical type" i am just a "musician" "cut me some slack".
    wazzup dudes?! i don wanna beef again but i am having a Jane Fonda flashback when she told me "the GI's are just working class guys who dont know how to spell". well
    us dumb bells, or lumpen, or freaks bleed if you cut us and "serve" in all segments of society. disdain is not a nice thing even disguised as a complement. no cheers
    this time from me, country joe mcdonald

    William Mandel wrote:

    > My reaction to Joe's post to me a few days back was to flash on
    > de St. Exupery's phrase: "Happiness is when you are understood,"
    > and that artists often intuit things us supposedly logical types
    > have trouble with.
    > Bill Mandel
    >
    > Joe McDonald wrote:
    > >
    > > monkerud wrote:
    > >
    > > > If Joe's views are supposed to be from the left, we're in bad shape. And yet his views reveal how little the ideas that we put forth reached ordinary Americans.
    > > >
    > > > We should perhaps cut the guy some slack ... he's a musician after all and apparently didn't learn much from being around the political movement.

    -- "Ira Furor Brevis Est " - Anger is a brief madness

    country joe Home Pg <http://www.countryjoe.com>
    country joe's tribute to Florence Nightingale <http://www.countryjoe.com/nightingale>
    Berkeley Vietnam Veterans Memorial <http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/Links/Comm/vvm>
    Rag Baby Online Magazine <http://www.ragbaby.com/magazine>