Re: [sixties-l] Re: sixties-l-Vietnam War Memorial

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 17:02:37 CUT

    I know of many examples of small samples of opinion contrary to
    the general view from which correct conclusions can be drawn. In
    my own case, I think back on a number of individual encounters in
    the Soviet Union over the years whose significance I refused to
    believe, because I did not want to think that that society was
    fundamentally on the wrong track.
                                            William Mandel