Re: [sixties-l] Dropping the A-Bomb

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 22:58:33 CUT

    There is a great deal of documentation, from many sources, of the
    fact that not only was the bomb dropped to keep the USSR out of
    postwar occupation of Japan, as it was one of the four occupying
    German, but that the bomb was developed for that very purpose. I
    write in Saying No To Power, p. 175: "The Nobel Peace Prize
    winner of 1996, physicist Joseph Rotblat, said that he had quite
    the atom bomb project in 1944 when told that its purpose was to
    develop a weapon not against the countries we were then fighting
    but against our ally, the Soviet Union."
                                                    William Mandel

    --
    To be removed from list, e-mail "Opt Out."
    You may find of interest website www.BillMandel.net