[sixties-l] 60's high point

From: Chris Shugart (profcdavid@redshift.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 19:50:40 CUT

    Just a brief note of no particular relevance to any recent posts.

    This past weekend marked the 23rd anniversary of the Monterey Pop
    Festival(June 16, 17, 18, 1967). I mention this because I believe it to be
    a high water mark of the sixties. That, and the fact that I may always
    regret that I wasn't there. As an artistic and cultural event, it is
    incomparable, Woodstock
    notwithstanding.

    If I had only I had been Country Joe McDonald, I suspect my life would have
    been much different. But now I hear the haunting sounds of "Section 43" and
    I must answer the call.

    Best,
    Chris Shugart
    Monterey