Re: [sixties-l] Re: Vietnam War Memorial: corporate power

From: Marty Jezer (mjez@sover.net)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 14:26:12 CUT

    Two good websites that detail the influence of corporate American on the
    political system are:

    <www.opensecrets.org>
    which keeps tabs on campaign contributions to parties and candidates

    <www.publicampaign.org>
     which advocates the clean money campaign reform (i.e., full public
    financing), variations of which are now law in Maine, Vermont, Arizona and
    Massachusetts and, hopefully, will be on the ballot in Oregon this November.

    Marty Jezer

    SNIP.

    --
    Marty Jezer  *  22 Prospect St. *  Brattleboro, VT 05301 * p/f  802 257-5644

    Author: Stuttering: A Life Bound Up in Words (Basic Books) Abbie Hoffman: American Rebel (Rutgers University Press) The Dark Ages: Life in the USA, 1945-1960 (South End Press) Rachel Carson [American Women of Achievement Series] (Chelsea House) Check out my web page: http://www.sover.net/~mjez To subscribe to my Friday commentary, simply request to be put on my mailing list. It's free!