Re: [sixties-l] Re: Vietnam War Memorial

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 05:59:35 CUT

    The greatest creation of capital in the history of the world has
    been in Silicon Valley in the past thirty years. That has been by
    people of the Vietnam generation, and in the last couple of
    elections they have jumped with both feet into national politics.
    However, the oil industry, which in capital now ranks below
    computers and dot.coms, has a longer and more ramified history of
    lobbying, bribing and the rest, and still governs policy in such
    respects as the endless punishment of Iraq, the extremely
    dangerous effort to take the Caspian oil fields away from Russia,
    which developed them, and the like.
                                    William Mandel

    --
    To be removed from list, e-mail "Opt Out."
    You may find of interest website www.BillMandel.net