Re: [sixties-l] Horowitz, Art Goldberg and Stew Albert

From: StewA@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 23:29:07 CUT

    re- the Art Goldberg, David Horowitz, and me, letter

    This may a bit short but I want to make the point that Art Goldberg sent that
    letter to David Horowitz as a personal correspondence. It was not intended
    for publication. None of us wanted a public dispute with Horowitz. He
    reprinted the letter in Salon without permission. Certainly Goldberg could
    have sued if he was a mind but Art isn't that sort of guy. So, if
    participants in the '60's list are angry about Horowitz reprinting their
    exchanges on his web site without an ok, they should know that such actions
    are typical of David's "ends justify the means" style of neo-McCarthyite
    politics.
    Stew Albert
    http://hometown.aol.com/stewa/stew.html