Re: [sixties-l] Vietnam War Memorials

From: Jerry West (record@island.net)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 22:34:04 CUT

    James T. Curran wrote:

    I am a anti-Vietnam War Vietnam vet, with a 7.5 year career I gave up
    because of my oposition. And you will never find me accusing the grunts
    of being responsible for it.

    JW reply:

    Me too, with 5.5 years and a promising career when I tossed it in the
    bucket over the war which I had already spent 18 months in. While still
    in service I organized anti-war activities at MCAS Iwakuni, worked with
    the Japanese peace movement and publish Semper Fi, and underground GI
    paper that hung on for about 5 years.

    It was not the troops who caused the war, and by the end a lot of them
    wouldn't fight it, leaving Nixon with few options but to pull out.

    --
    Jerry West
    Editor/publisher/janitor