Re: [sixties-l] Vietnam War Memorials

From: Jerry West (record@island.net)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 22:26:53 CUT

    William Mandel wrote:

    I don't blame soldiers for war. I blame them for not using the brains
    they were given within the framework of the morality they were
    taught....

    JW reply:

    And exactly what morality was that, William. If my 54 year old brain
    can remember correctly in the 50's and 60's we were taught about the
    duty one had to the country and how honorable it was to serve it. I
    don't remember being taught much about questioning it. That came with
    experience. I suppose that ignorance is no excuse though, and it is OK
    to blame people even if they do not know what they are doing, is that
    your point?

    --
    Jerry West
    Editor/publisher/janitor