Re: [sixties-l] Re: sixties-l-Vietnam War Memorials

From: Joe McDonald (joe@countryjoe.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 19:15:25 CUT

    Jeffrey Blankfort wrote:

    > Now Cabral compares those who went to Vietnam to a cop's response to a
    > 911 call or a fireman to a fire.

    > We should get one thing straight.
    >
    > In a post yesterday, Joe MacDonald says we should "honor the warrior and
    > not the war." That attitude just promotes the same macho bullshit that
    > led these "warriors" down the path to their death in the first place.

    i am really enjoying this discussion but what would help to get things straight is
    people posting correct information and perhaps even proofing their msgs before
    posting. Cabral did not say that i did. My name is spelled McDonald not Mac
    Donald.

    And am i to assume that this "bullshit" remark is a diss at Vietnam Veterans
    Against the War national present day attitude towards the Vietnam War?! cheers,
    country joe mcdonald

    -- "Ira Furor Brevis Est " - Anger is a brief madness

    country joe Home Pg <http://www.countryjoe.com>
    country joe's tribute to Florence Nightingale
    <http://www.countryjoe.com/nightingale>
    Berkeley Vietnam Veterans Memorial <http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/Links/Comm/vvm>
    Rag Baby Online Magazine <http://www.ragbaby.com/magazine>