Re: [sixties-l] Re: Vietnam War Memorial

From: Joe McDonald (joe@countryjoe.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 18:56:34 CUT

    Marty Jezer wrote:

    > . I really respect anti-war activists like Country
    > Joe who have reached out to the vets. "Ira Furor Brevis Est " - Anger is a
    > brief madness

    absolutely no disrespect intended but i must point out that I AM A MILITARY
    VETERAN. The disrespect we receive from American society is so deep that many
    of my generation REFUSE to believe that i am a military veteran. but i am. it is
    a part of me that i cannot and will not now deny and my commitment to honoring
    those of my generation who served both in the military and out of the military
    will remain a constant as long as i am alive. i am not always proud of being an
    American but i sure am happy to be one and i do honestly believe that the 60's
    generation can save America from itself and also save the world from itself if
    we "seize the moment" close ranks and muster in. Very soon we will be over that
    hill that puts us on the "old and in the way" side and our time will be gone.
    cheers, country joe mcdonald

    country joe Home Pg <http://www.countryjoe.com>
    country joe's tribute to Florence Nightingale
    <http://www.countryjoe.com/nightingale>
    Berkeley Vietnam Veterans Memorial <http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/Links/Comm/vvm>

    Rag Baby Online Magazine <http://www.ragbaby.com/magazine>