[sixties-l] Re: sixties-l-modr8r note

From: Jeffrey Blankfort (jab@tucradio.org)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 19:31:05 CUT

    Did I make a mistake? At the suggestion of a friend and a colleague I
    just signed up for this list last week and what do I find: David
    Horowitz repeating the same attacks he has been making for years on the
    Panthers and anti-Vietnam War movement activists and some of those
    activists doing a mea culpa about their involvement and that of the
    movement in 1968. Such activities have been taking place in a much
    larger context outside of this list with very little refutation, but I
    did not anticipate encountering them here. My delusion. I did believe,
    however, that list was generally focused on the Sixties, and evaluates
    influences, positive and negative, as Chris S. suggests. I didn't
    consider that its intent was to deal with current issues which one can
    find discussed on other lists, as Christine desires. I already have more
    on my plate than I can handle since I am still an activist. But I
    confess, I do have an interest in defending what the Black Panther Party
    was against those who have distorted it in varying degrees for
    self-serving reasons.