Re: [sixties-l] Re: Vietnam War Memorial

From: monkerud (monkerud@scruznet.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 17:52:57 CUT

    Concerning memorials to war dead... anyone else upset about the plan to
    build a WWII memorial museum between the Lincoln and Washington memorial in
    the capital?

    While I can understand the motivation of the older set who want their
    sacrifices to me remembered, the site will destroy what I understand is the
    last large place to gather in the capital. That means the M.L. King civil
    rights march, the million mom march and other such protest will occur where?

    best, Don

    http://www.bearbytes.com/news.htm (PDF download)
    Black Bear Mining & Publishing Company