Re: [sixties-l] modr8r note

From: Tony Edmonds (00aoedmonds@bsuvc.bsu.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 12:50:45 CUT

        For some of us who are historians we study the past, in this case the
    1960s, primarily because we find such study utterly fascinating and
    invigorating, and ejoyable intellectual and sometimes emotional challenge.
    At its best, history helps us get out of our narcissistic selves,
    reintroduces us to old friends, helps us meet new ones. Instrumentally
    learning from it is only a part of its value. History is fun. Yippie.

    Tony Edmonds
    Ball State University

    C. Christie, has echoed my thoughts almost word for word. Doesn't anybody