[sixties-l] communists and capitalists and Black Power

From: Joe McDonald (joe@countryjoe.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 06:55:12 CUT

    i am the only person to have ever made a record of Joady Guthrie, Woody
    Gurthrie's other son. It was quite interesting but very unsuccessful
    commercially. Of course Joady was a red diaper baby. He had a little jingle on
    the album that always poops into my mind at times like this, it went:

    "Oh the Communists and the Capitalists
    Are divvying up the world i guess
    It seems that a way to me
    They are both are democratic
    And out for liberty
    But i think they are pulling the wool right over you and me."

    Tupac Shakur, who's mother was a Black Panther, says it all so clearly in his
    wonderful track on ALL EYEZ ON ME his 2 CD set "Only God Can Judge Me Now"

      ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME
        2Pac Shakur

    "Id rather die like a man than live like a coward
    Theres a ghetto up in heaven and its ours. Black Power
    Is what we scream, as we dream, in a paranoid state
    And our fate is a life time of hate.
    Dear momma can you save me
    And fuck peace cause the streets got our babies
    We gotta eat, no more hesitation
    Each and every black mans trapped
    And they wonder why were runnin round strapped
    Its the police, please try to see
    Theres a million mother-fuckers stressin just like me.
     Only God can judge me, now."

    all power to the people! country joe mcdonald

    -- "Ira Furor Brevis Est " - Anger is a brief madness

    country joe Home Pg <http://www.countryjoe.com>
    country joe's tribute to Florence Nightingale
    <http://www.countryjoe.com/nightingale>
    Berkeley Vietnam Veterans Memorial
    <http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/Links/Comm/vvm>
    Rag Baby Online Magazine <http://www.ragbaby.com/magazine>