Re: [sixties-l] Re:Vietnam War

From: Tony Edmonds (00aoedmonds@bsuvc.bsu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 18:11:13 CUT

    David Horowitz wrote:

    ---because losing it cost the lives
    >of two and a half million poor people in Indo-China whose blood is on your
    hands Mike,
    >along with all the rest of us who forced America's withdrawal.

    Are you saying that the antiwar movement forced U.S. withdrawal? If so, I'd
    be interested in your evidence. Can you come up with a reasonable scenario
    by which America could have "won" the war? Do you believe that the U.S.
    should have intervened in all nations where evil was being done? Is it not
    possible that had we withdrawn in 1965 that millions who died between
    1965-1975 would in fact not have? I realize these questions cannot be
    answered easily, but I'd appreciate some brief thoughts.

    Tony Edmonds
    History, Ball State University