Re: [sixties-l] a plea (Horowitz replies)

From: sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 03:00:44 CUT

    Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:45:24 -0700
    From: David Horowitz <Dhorowitz@earthlink.net>
    To: sixties-l@lists.village.virginia.edu, richard poe <RichardPoe@aol.com>
    Subject: Re: [sixties-l] a plea

    This will pass Ted because, dealing with the obtuse can become tedious. I'm
    still waiting for a reasonable exchange here.

    You agree with Stew Albert but you don't agree -- which is it? Albert says
    everyone on the left knows the Panthers "turned pure criminal". Are you not
    on the left? Do you disagree with Stew.

    I'm glad you agree somewhat with me. But you wouldn't know about any
    criminal activities of the Panthers if it weren't for my efforts. So don't
    be so smug.

    What your post tells me is that the left has changed very littlie since I
    left it, probably not all. You don't want to deal with the facts. You don't
    want to engage in a civil discussion with someone who disagrees with you.
    You want to demonize them. In other words you want to achieve the same thing:
    silencing your opposition. Do you wonder that progressives killed so many
    people in our lifetimes?

    Finally, as to ad hominems, the moderater has done his/her best to control
    this discussion, but only ones I see that have slipped through have come
    from my "criticis". Do you have examples of others.