Re: [sixties-l] Re: The Black Panthers (McGee reply)

From: sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 01:44:54 CUT

    Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:47:20 -0700 (PDT)
    From: Art McGee <amcgee@igc.org>
    Subject: Re: [sixties-l] Re: The Black Panthers

    > well as we can. I have not reason to think that Art McGee is a racist
    > (whether he's white or black), but he certainly writes about the Panthers
    > as though they are controlled (by their class and ethnic circumstances) so
    > totally they they can't think for themselves or as well as he can.

    Fascinating. I hope the moderator doesn't block this as a
    personal comment, but, this is just an outright LIE, and I
    once again ask, what kind of a list is so concerned about
    etiquette and decorum, but less concerned about outright
    falsehood? I'm not talking about falsehood as a mis-
    understanding or misconception, but LYING as in deliberate
    and part of a plan. Mr. Horowitz has absolutely no
    credibility or integrity whatsoever, or at least, he doesn't
    display it on this list.

    I mean, he just makes this stuff up as he goes along, with
    no reference to anything that's actually been said. How can
    you have a conversation, debate, dialogue, or whatever with
    that kind of dishonesty.

    Moderator? Say something!

    Art
    ---------------
    modr8r note: determining what is and what is not outright falsehood or
    dishonesty is not something this moderator is prepared to judge. nor would
    i feel comfortable entrusting it to any other individual. one of the
    purposes of this list is an attempt to arrive at some semblance of "the
    truth" on a very contentious era. to accomplish this, a civil arena for
    doing so needs to be maintained, thus my concern with protocol on this
    list. i trust that list members and future researchers will be discerning
    enough to come to their own conclusions as to the relative merits of any
    one's particular opinion on an issue or on commentary engendered
    by the discussion taking place here.